Thursday, January 8, 2009

Welcome!

Ok, so as this new year approached, I made some personal goals...one of which involved finding more joy in my role as a mother.  I have struggled to find peace in my role as a mother because I feel like I have lost my personal identity sometimes.  I'm sure there are others of you out there  who can relate.  Of course it isn't every day for me that I feel this way, but generally speaking, I often feel like I don' t know who I am anymore.  I don't  know how to relax and have fun, enjoy the simple pleasures of life, especially that of motherhood.  When my time is so limited, I feel like I have to fill it with the most important things, and then when I fail at that all together, I feel guilty and the cycle repeats itself.  These and so many other thoughts have been shared by many women in the life of being a mom.  I thought I would invite others out there to come along and share in my journey to have a change of heart, to embrace the love of the Lord, and to love ourselves more each day...and then in turn have more to give to our families.  

I've started this blog because I have realized that blogging is one thing I enjoy doing.  That's where this is starting for me.  So, my purpose for this blog will be to provide a place that we can share moments, advice, and quotes from church leaders, etc.  that will help all of us mothers remember who we are and how to keep going, while being happy at the same time.  This is the "Plan of Happiness", is it not?  

1 comment:

  1. Melanie,

    I know that I've only met you once (or maybe twice), but I feel somehow closer to you after happening upon this blog. I fully support this project. Although I am not a mother yet, I share many of your concerns about the role of motherhood, and I value insight of women like you who are not afraid to be moms, and not afraid to admit that it is hard sometimes. At the same time that I know that motherhood is the most important thing we can achieve on this earth, it is paradoxically the role with (seemingly) the least thanks and little respect. Thanks for your insight, and I will definitely be checking in to see what else you are learning and what I can learn from your experiences.

    Jane Ann (Gabe's Wife)

    ReplyDelete