Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Believing Christ

From one of the talks given at church on Sunday, I was reminded of a book I read a long time ago.  "Believing Christ" by Stephen Robinson.  In a nutshell, it's a great and very clear explanation of how the atonement works.  Online I came across a speech by Robinson, just like his book.  Take a few minutes and read it.  You will have a better perspective on things and you'll realize how much we need the Savior to save us...NOT how much we have to try and be perfect to save ourselves so we can be in His presence.  Anyway, that's a very short summary, but if you're looking for any little 'pick me up' of any kind, definitely read it.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel. I remember reading Believing Christ a couple years back and I really liked it but I feel like I've forgotten a lot of it somehow. I should read it again. It's such a good book! I love reading all your insights. They lift me up and want to be better. Thanks again Mel! love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, I am one of Stef's friends here in Utah. I have heard so much about you from Stef(always good :) ) I just wanted to comment because we just had this lesson in relief society yesterday. WOW! It was so great. I think I cried the whole hour. I love what you wrote a couple posts ago... you really hit it on the nose. It was a beautiful lesson, and really gets you thinking. Motherhood is the closest thing we have to understanding how Heavenly Father feels for us. When I think about how our children are only really ours for a short time, it makes me a little sad, but mostly makes me want to do all that I have to do so that they are something really special when we have to give them back. Anyway, now I'm blabbling. Thanks for your sweet comments on your blog. (I clicked on your link from Stef's page because of the title). Believing Christ is an amazing book. Everyone needs to read it, at least once. :)

    ReplyDelete