Friday, January 9, 2009

Living in the Moment: Coloring and Walks

My moments today were:  

Coloring with Gia while we just talked.  She told me how much she loves talking to me.  In that moment I knew that she knew I was there for her.  I still feel as though I often have to force myself to sit down with her after she has asked me several times to play with her, but I want to remember these moments that I do take.  Hopefully these times will increase too.  

During the half hour before Brandon got home, everyone was getting restless around here.  So, I declared that we needed some fresh air.  I bundled everyone up and we went out for a walk as the sun went down.  I gave 2 piggy back rides, found pine cones, and sang "following the leader".  It was a perfectly timed activity and truly a "breath of fresh air".   

1 comment:

  1. I love this Mel! What a wonderful reminder! I feel like I've been selfish lately with the gym and the computer and I need to stop and spend more time teaching and playing and loving and learning with my kids. I love you so much and I'm so thankful you are in my life.
    I'm going to go now and talk to my kids!

    ReplyDelete