Monday, January 26, 2009

I Am a MOTHER

Once again I have to suggest a really good read. My husband's grandmother gave me a book a couple of years ago for Mother's Day called, "I Am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. I've ready it once in the past, but felt inspired to pick it up again. You know how things hit you differently during each "season" of your life that you're in? Plus, I probably just forgot everything by now since reading the book the first time. There are SO many great, uplifting quotes in there that I just have to post. Perhaps I'll do a new quote each day so we can all focus on one thing a little better.

Here are a few introductory quotes from Jane Clayson Johnson to head it all up:

"...When quiet is allowed to seep into my heart and leads me to prayer and reflection, I have learned for myself that mothers matter. I matter. And so do you."

"We get caught up in judging one another or taking sides and forget that the work of mothers is God's work--and because it is his work, he will help us and lift us up and make us stronger."

"Motherhood matters. I want every woman to believe this, to feel it in her soul, and embrace it."

"...My path is not your path, and your path is unique to you. We must all make choices based on our own circumstances and desires. Just like our children--who have the uncanny ability to be completely different from one another despite their similar genetic makeup- we are all distinct, matchless in our unique strengths and abilities."

1 comment:

  1. i would love the quote a day thing. the quotes were really touching for sure!

    ReplyDelete